Sunday, August 25, 2013


Mission: Australia Melbourne Mission
Entered the MTC on: July 31st 2013
Release Date: July 2015
Current Area: Wantirna South


With friends like this,
and these
and ones like this
and with family like these 2
and support like this. Good choices are easy.
So you get to do cool stuff like this.

july 31st, 2013
 provo MTC
one last hug
one last look
and off he went...
provo MTC 2013
 excerpt from letter in MTC- 
"I had my second lesson with our TRC investigator Gabby!! She is an awesome girl! She was raised Catholic, but she is investigating the church because her husband is LDS. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation, and we really connected with her! She was wondering, if she would ever see her brother again, after he died about a year ago. I bore her my testimony, that she would see her brother again through our Heavenly Father's Plan. At the end of the lesson me, my companion and Gabby were crying our eyes out. It was probably the most spiritual experience of my life. We committed her to baptism,  August 31st, after i'm in Australia…dang it! I love Gabby. She is such a strong girl. She is 26 and she had the faith, to test her faith in Christ, by going out of her comfort zone and meeting with the missionaries. She is amazing! I think it is awesome, that I get to do this work for the next 2 years of my life. I love it! I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and he knows each of us my name and he knows the nature of our hearts. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants the BEST for us. If we have a calm mind and REALLY pray with power and vigor our prayers will ALWAYS be answered!"
he only spent 13 short days in the MTC



week 1:  australia selfie

first letter from australia.. 
august 18, 2013 
HEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well AUstralia is a pretty nice place!  It is so stinking cold Doe!!  Im wearing a scarf right now and it feels great!   Im in an area called Wantirna South!  It is one of the smallest areas in the mission!  But we have the biggest house in the mission as well! Tracting is the most frustrating things I have ever done. So far this week has been a real eye opener 4 me, I didn't expect this much disappointment in missionary work!  I have had some really rough days this week.  We have two progressing investigators right now one named Margot, and 2nd one named Veewon.  They are both very great ladies, but they both have something huge that is holding them back from getting baptized.  Margot has been living with her boyfriend for 47 years, and she cant get baptized until Bruce her husband marries her.  Bruce doesn't want to marry her though, so I have been praying my butt off so that Bruce's heart can be softened!  She is regularly going to church, reading, and praying and she is so much fun to be around!  She is pretty stinkin funny. Veewon situation is, that she hardly speaks English, and it is hard 4 her to understand us.  But her husband Ron suffers from Dementia, and Sundays are the only days that she gets to watch him, and  she loves taking care of him.  We invited her to be baptized and she accepted!  But she has to go to church, 3 weeks in a row to be dunked.  We are trying to create lasting conversions here, and it is hard for Veewon because she loves her husband, and he does not function well enough to go to church.  So that's pretty much my life right now.  The plane ride here was sooooooo long, and my body clock is still jacked up hahaha!!!  It is so good to hear back from home, I love you Mom!!!!!!!!!!!  I took some pictures of myself in honor of mirror pick Monday!  This computer I am on is quite slow, and it is having a hard time sending pics.  I will keep trying though!   He has a very thick Aussie accent and he has been teaching me the sayings, and I have kinda already developed an accent, because that is what we do in our free time hahah!   I love you and miss you MUM!!   cheers mate
I know that our heavenly father gives us trials so that we can grow into something amazing!  Jesus Christ died for us so that we can be forgiven of our sins!  I love this work!  It is so humbling to me.  Missionary work kinda opens your eyes a little bit.  Every one is different, but I can feel gods love for everyone I teach. Its amazing!

     
Email Address 
               

No comments:

Post a Comment