Sunday, October 20, 2013

week 10: australia style



GDay Mum!!!!!!!
This week was pretty frustrating!  Veewan's Bap date got moved back AGAIN!!  She said she was "too busy" to get baptized on Saturday which was incredibly frustrating!  She isn't quite ready to be baptized yet, because she wont make time for it.  We will continue to work with her, we told her to pray about a day that she could be baptized, so we will check up on her tomorrow.  Man...  missionary work is crook as, its a ton harder than I thought it would be.  I have such a love for the people that I teach, and it breaks my heart to see them
 struggle like this!  But this is what I wanted, I didn't want my mission to be a walk in the park, I want it to be something that is really difficult so that I can learn and grow from it.
The miracle that I had been praying for this week came yesterday, we contacted a referral from some Chinese Elders in our zone named Twinswon.  He is from Malaysia, and yesterday we taught him the Restoration, and the spirit was strong as!!  We tried to commit him to baptism, but he said he wanted to pray about it first!  YESSS!!!  GOLDEN!!!  I am so excited for him!  We are seeing him again tomorrow!  He is a very genuine, awesome guy!  Hopefully I stay in this 
area so I can keep teaching him, 
because transfers are next week!!! 
We had interviews with President Maxwell this week!!  He is a very inspired, genuine man.  I loved speaking with him!  He asked me what I thought my best quality was, and I said I don't like to critique myself, but I told him that Raja told me that I knew how to love the people, so I told him that.  He said that is one of the greatest leadership quality a person can have.  That was very nice of him to say.  I am just so grateful to be on a mission, I can already tell that these two years will be the defining moment of my life, even if I still have THUG running through my veins.
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.
                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.
          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"
                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson
This is such a powerful poem, and looking back at the hard times of my life, the Saviour did carry me.  I testify that my Saviour lives, and he is there carrying us whenever we need him.  I love my Saviour so much, words cannot explain my appreciation for his sacrifice.  In the name of Jesus Christ amen.
You are getting a dog?!?!? Far out!!  My vote for the name is Olive.  Haha I think new is gonna get a little jealous hahaha!  That is so awesome.  German Shepherds are fetching sick!!  For Christmas hahah I am not quite sure,  just some paisleys except red paisley those are whack.  Haha some chinos, all different colors haha.  some pop tarts.  speakers and an ipod with some church approved music would be cool.  Hahha I am all in for the surprise, I want Veewan to be baptized as my Christmas gift ahahha!  But anyways how are you??  Australia is starting to get blazing mate, its pretty dang hot.  But I love it!  Me and Elder Bisby get along really well.  Sometimes we go to random parks on our lunch breaks, and go down slides and swing on swings.  Today we are going to this huge as slide in Wantirna's area, it is so huge!!  It is prolly like 30 yards long and its super fun!  I cant wait it will be awesome!  I will take some pics!!  Well I love you mum!!  It is always good to hear from you, and I am glad that everything is going well back home!  Love you!  cheers.
Love, Elder Richins Aka: C$<3

No comments:

Post a Comment