Sunday, April 13, 2014

week 35: australia style

brianna's baptism

i was asked to play head of household in a mock passover

Chur mum!!!!!!!!
This week was really good!  To start things off we had Brianna's baptism on Wednesday, it was so cool to see how excited she was to become a member of the church, it was really infectious!  Her father had the opportunity to baptize and confirm her a member of the church, Elder Richey and I had the privilege to join in confirming her.  The spirit was definatley strong.
Earlier in the week Elder Richey and I contacted heaps of new contacts that we have gotten over the past 3 transfers together.  We felt prompted to call this guy named Sebastian, and he was really excited to have recieved a call from us.  So we set up a time to meet him at the library and we taught him the Restoration and we were able to set a baptismal date with him for the 17th of May!  He expressed to us that he was looking for something more, but doesnt know where to find it.  He accepted the invitation to read and pray to know the Book of Mormon is true.  He is truly excited to begin this journey. 
We were working with a shorter week work wise this week.  We had interviews on Friday, and then we were stranded on the other side of the river at the stake center for general conference for two days.  But we tried our best to make the most of the time that we were given to work.  We had the oppurtunity to see so many miracles this week.
On Tuesday this week we had a huge miracle happen, Rob our recent convert has an 18 year old brother who sat in on our lesson with Rob and was pretty interested.  He expressed his desire to learn more about the church, we are going to baptize all of Rob's family haha! 
General Conference was so great, there were so many inspired messages given by inspired men.  After the Conference I just couldnt help but to ponder what the theme of conference was, and what was the most important thing that I should take from it.  Five words come to mind "Stay true to the faith."  So many of the speakers talked about how the world is always changing and we should not.  Sometimes that is easier said than done, the best remedy to combat this is Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and rely on his infinite Atonement and always remember him.  I am so very grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ his promises are clear and true, I am so thankful to be on a mission!  This work is great!
gday Mum!!!  Sounds like you have had a productive week cleaning my room lol!  It was cool that you had some talks with some of my friends from back home.  I sure do miss the clan from back in the day.  I am sure we will have heaps as fun when C money gets back from the land down under.  Man, Interviews went really well!  I am almost positive I am leaving Tazzy to in a week.  President pretty much told my companion and I that I was going to leave.  It makes me a bit sad, but it hasnt happened yet!  But I guess I would not mind leaving either, I have been here for ages it feels like, all I know is that I will never forget my time down here in Rosny, truly has changed my life.  New clothes hey??  My style hasnt changed haha, just no red unless it comes in sneakers!  Chur!!!!  Haha I love all the videos you send, just got the one of Olive in Slo mo!  It sounds like everyone is happy and healthy at the moment.  Today we are going to play some sport at the glenorchy chapel with the sisters, I will have to take a pic with Sister Roberts and me and send it yous.  It should be loads of fun, then tonight we have a feed with one of our investigators, she always gives us way too much food so I am starving myself until then haha!  I love you so much mum!!  I hope you have a fantastic week!!  I should be on another 45 minutes if yous have any questions.  Cheers!!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: Coop dawgy dawg
What is jake knights email?

No comments:

Post a Comment