Sunday, April 20, 2014

week 36: australia style


the district

the chicks

elder richey

the blowfields


the campbells

the foxes

gday mum!!!

This was a really good week!  We had a huge miracle happen yesterday, Toni a former investigator came to church yesterday!  I was super surprised because she told us 4 months ago that she wasnt interested anymore.  But I was so stoked to see her, she said she came because she had a feeling she should.  She really enjoyed herself and she wants to be taught again!  Man, I am so excited for her.
We taught Sebastian again this week and taught him the Plan of Salvation, he is golden as!!  He is keeping all of his commitments at the moment, his only concern is that Prayer is still a bit awkward for him but it will get better.  I am so glad that I had the privileged to teach him, truly a knowledge sponge just takes everything we teach in!!  We also saw Dominic this week and he said that he found that the Book of Mormon was true, but he is a bit scared to switch faiths because all of his family is Presbyterian.  He is ready though, we tried to commit him to baptism this past weekend but he said he needed a week to think about when he wanted to be baptized.  He is awesome!  
We had the oppurtunity to set a baptismal date with a man named Christopher.  He is a janitor for the local uni here in Hobart, his family is struggling a bit at the moment.  We tried to get the whole family together for a lesson but the wife said she was too busy.  It was a really good lesson though, the spirit was so strong!  He really wants to find out if God has called another prophet.  We gave him Alma 32 to read and invited him to pray to know it was true, and to listen!  He accepted, he is such a nice guy.
Man, I am so very thankful that I have had the opportunity from the Lord to serve in Rosny, Tasmania.  The people that I have met, and the experiences I have had here have changed my life forever.  I am sad to go, but I am very excited for what the future holds for me.  I know that I am going where the Lord needs me now.  I have loved serving with Elder Richey as well I love that guy so much.  I have learned so much from him, we have become great friends in the 4-5 months serving together.  The Lord truly knows what each and every one of us need, I needed to come to Rosny and I needed a companion like Elder Richey.  I love this work so much, and I am so thankful to be a part of it.
Gday mum!  How have you been!?  Sounds like you have some wounded warriors over there!  Ya I agree hollidays without all of the family is kinda stinky.  Man I cant believe it is April, I get to Skype in a couple weeks hey?  THat will be sweet as!!  I am kinda bummed that I am leaving mum, but I am excited to go back to the mainland too.  I am pretty sure I am going to be a district leader but I am not entirely sure.  Haha I havent left yet, I am sis Fox's right now I thought for sure I would leave this morning but, I leave tonight at 6.  Not too sure how I am going to make it back though, I have heaps of stuff.  I am mostly packed, just a few odds and ends to put in but all the big stuff is in the bag.  I am a bit sad to be leaving Elder Richey too, but I know he will do great and keep the area going strong.  I am very thankful for sis Fox and all the members of the ROsny ward they have been such a huge help.  That is super exciting that Cam turned in his papers!  He is going to be a good as missionary I reckon!  Hopefully he comes to Melbourne that would be sweet as!!  Well that is all from me, I love you so much mum!!!  Have a great week!  I will be on for another 45 min, if you wanna talk.  CHeers!

Love, Elder Richins 
aka: Cmoneylovin

No comments:

Post a Comment