Sunday, December 15, 2013

week 18: australia style

coop's new companion elder richey

coop's mission christmas party


Gday Mum!!!
This week was pretty awesome!  I got my new companion his name is Elder Richey!!  Elder Richey and I get along really well!  His last companion was named Elder Cox and he is my good buddy from the MTC!  I am so glad to be serving with him! 
The work this week was pretty crazy due to the Christmas party on Friday!  Which was heaps of fun!  We got to travel up to the north of Tasmania which took 3 hours to drive.  I reckon Rosny is 10x more beautiful than up north, it's just farmland up there.  But we got our Christmas packages, and watched a movie that the mission put together which was pretty fairdinkum!  It was awesome to see President Maxwell, and Sister Maxwell again I love them so much!  Such great people!
Toni and Ryan have been alright this week.  Toni is going through a tough time with the Word of Wisdom and life in general.  Coffee is going to be a tough thing for her to give up, but we will get there.  We committed her to live the Word of Wisdom everyday this week, and she accepted.  She also accepted being baptized on Saturday, and Ryan did too.  So I think if this time it doesnt go through we are going to have to drop them both for a while.
We didnt get the chance to see Benod or Robert this week, because they were both in Melbourne for a holiday.  Elder Richey and I have been focusing on the members this week, even though we cant get out to most of them because they live an hour away.  But we are really building that relationship of trust with the members.  Hopefully as we are continuing to be obedient, and BRT with the members, they will lead us to their friends.  
I am so glad to have a companion that has the same enthusiasm for the work that I do.  I know for a fact that we will see miracles as we work.
I am so thankful for the Saviour this Christmas season.  This week I have been reading the Christmas story in Luke, and just reading about the Saviour's life in the four gospels.  I am so very thankful for him, and his love and sacrifice.  I also know that we have a Loving Heavenly Father.  Toni this week said to us that she didnt think anyone loves her because of the bad things she has done.  Elder Richey and I testified that we know without a doubt that she has a Loving Heavenly Father, that knows what she is going through and wants to help.  She started to cry and that is one of the really cool experiences that I have had on my mission so far.  I know that we are all loved so very much by our Heavenly Father no matter what we do.  He is there when we cry, when we cheer, and when we need a friend.  Let us all remember the Saviour's sacrifices, and that we have a loving Father in Heaven this Christmas Season!  In the name of Jesus Christ amen.
Mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got my packages!!  Thank you so much mum!!  I love you guys so much!  I look forward to calling you guys in an hour or two to set up a time to skype!  It will bbeeee pretty fairdinkum!  This week has been so awesome, I love Elder Richey so much!  He is cool as!  We get along really well, besides him being a Cowboys fan, and also a jazz fan... poor guy...  haha!  We might go golfing today with a member so that should be really fun!  But first we both need to go buy calling cards to call home haha!  It looks really cold in Utah, it is super hot in Tasmania, yesterday was miserably hot haha!  It sounds like everything is going awesome!!  I hope you have an amazing week mum!!!!  Love you so much!!!!  c heers!
Love, Elder Richins
aka:Coopdawgydawgydawgydawgydawg

No comments:

Post a Comment