Sunday, January 19, 2014

week 23: australia style

sweet graffiti

got some yoga pants! boo ya

me on a metal thing



Gday mum!!

This week was really good!!  This week was hot as!  It was 35 degrees C all week!  We had some pretty awesome miracles this week!!  So about halfway through the week we got a call from the district leader, and he had a mormon.org referral for us!  Elder Richey and I were kind of hesitant to go contact the referral becausemormon.org referrals dont work half the time!  But we contacted the referral anyways, her name is Beatriz!  Beatriz's husband answerred the door he was from Sudan, and he said "please come back on Sunday so I can learn from you and preach the gospel."  We were like, "we can help you with that!"  So we went back to the referral again yesterday, and we had a really powerful lesson on the Restoration!  He wants to read the Book of Mormon in a week, and so does his wife Beatriz!  We are going back to them next Sunday!  I cant wait!!  
We had interviews with President on Friday!  I seriously love Pres Maxwell he is such an inspired man!  Me and him talked about the NFL for the first part of the interview, and he talked about how he was going to tape the 49er v. Seahawk game.  Haha he is so funny!  We had a really powerful interview afterwards, we talked about becoming the best missionary we could!  He also admired the work Elder Richey and I were doing!  He is a great man!
Because of the heat we werent able to tract as much as we wanted to but we still managed to find 14 new contacts, and 4 new investigators.  We are really trying to get a good ratio from New contacts to Investigators!  The Lord is really blessing this area at the moment!  This upcoming week is the last week of the transfer so next week I will know if I am staying or going!  I hope I stay!  I love it here!  
I am so very thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith and his example!  After teaching on the Restoration yesterday, I have really been pondering the many things that, that man went through.  It is truly amazing how the Lord delivered the Saints from so many trials!  I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God.  I also know that President Monson is the true prophet today.
Gday Mum!!  Sounds like you have had a good week!  The house looks really good!  I heard that all yous are watching the 9er game tonight!  President Maxwell gave us permission to watch the game as well along with the Superbowl!  He said as long as it doesnt distract from the work, and because it's our P day today!  So I will be cheering from the Southern hemisphere alongside yous!  I am super duper excited for this upcoming week mostly because it is supposed to cool down a bit.  Haahha the Lord is blessing Elder Richey and I heaps!  I cant believe Cam is getting ready to turn in his papers!  Could you get his email for me??  That would be awesome!  I also cant believe that G and G Richins come back home on the 31st!  THis month is flying by I reckon!  I love you so much mum!!  I hope you have an awesome week!  CHeers!
Love, Elder Richins
aka:Coopdawgggg

No comments:

Post a Comment