Sunday, January 26, 2014

week 24: australia style


Gday mum!!
This week was really good!  It was the last week of the transfer and Elder Richey and I are staying together for another 6 weeks!!  I am super excited to continue to work down here in Rosny!  This is a great area, and heaps of good things are going to happen this upcoming transfer!  I am really excited to stay because Elder Richey and I organized a fireside in our ward for the 16th of February and I think it will be a really good chance to get the members excited about missionary work!  Also Robert is getting baptized in two weeks!
We had a lesson with Robert this week, and we taught the commandments again!  We went through all of them and reviewed them to make sure he understood them.  He said he would be willing to keep all of the commandments and he doesnt have any problems with them!  The only concern for him at this point and time would be getting work off on Sundays.  He is a casual worker so he kinda takes whatever hours he can get.  We gave him a commitment to talk to his boss about not working on Sundays and he accepted!  So we will see how that went when we see him tomorrow!  
We had a really cool experience with the Mormon.org referral from last week.  We werent actually able to meet with them this week because they were busy, but we gave them a call.  Beatriz answered and we asked her how the Book of Mormon was going, and she said that her and her husband struggled to read it then they prayed that the Holy Spirit would help them understand and they understood!  She said
that they really enjoy the Book of Mormon!  That made us super excited we are meeting with them again this week!!  
Yesterday we had an Australia Day feast (equivalent of our 4th of July) at the Prebbles, and I have never eaten so much food in my life!  I prolly wont eat at all today haha!  After dinner with them we shared a message on faith and showed a fire trick relating to faith, and it was pretty awesome!  
I am very thankful for the Gospel in my life today, and I am so very thankful that I have the opportunity to share it with others.  I cannot wait to see the great things happen in this area this transfer!  The miracles are in store!  I know without a doubt that this Gospel is true, and it has changed my life for the better!


Hi Mum!!  How is it going??  The 49er loss made me quite angry!  I have never seen so many bad calls by referees before!  Talk about homers!  But other than that it was a really good week!  It wasnt that hot this week so that was pretty good!  Good news we might get a car this transfer!  We have a car today and it feels really good to drive again!  Haha I missed it heaps!  Sounds like you have had a good week, workin hard!!  I cant believe January is almost up it flew by hey?!  This transfer I will have my birthday so that's pretty exciting!  Sister Fox is still takin excellent care of Elder Richey and I!  Today for P day we might go drive to some sights because we have a car!  Wahooooo!!!  But who knows haah!  I love you so much mum!!  I hope you have an awesome week!  Cheers!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: Cmoneylove

No comments:

Post a Comment