Sunday, July 20, 2014

week 49: australia style


Gday mum!!

Well I have been transferred to a place called Hillside in the Deer Park zone.  Haha it is an islander area, so if I was worried about gaining weight before I should be heaps more terrified hahaha!!  It is good as though, I am serving as district leader so that has been pretty good!  My companion is the man, his name is Elder Parsons he is from New Zealand.  He is a very humble man, and I have really enjoyed serving with him the past couple of days.
The work this week went very well, my companion and I worked heaps with former investigators and were able to set 2 dates with a man named Riiny and also another man named Domingo.  They are both very keen, to learn more about the Gospel.  We also worked with a less active named Brother Williams, and we shared a message with him and he came to church for the first time in like 10 years.  He was so happy to get back, and it really strengthened my testimony that people can change, and that through Jesus Christ we can change.  I really love my new area, and the ward is great they are always looking to serve the missionaries I am excited to see the work progress here and also in the district.  My life is being blessed from the people that I am meeting!
Gday mum!!  How are you going??  I am going to have to apologize that I cant put any pictures up on the computer because I forgot my adapter.  It sounds like yous have had an awesome week with everything.  That story that you told me about the man that paid for your food was awesome as!  I am in an islander area right now, and lets just say I have never seen so much food in my entire life......  I am running wind sprints every morning to keep off the weight, and I am fasting during the day so I don't die at dinner time.  Haha I will send a picture of the feeds we get, it is awesome!!!  I am loving my new companion he has been out for 3 months and he is the man.  He loves basketball so we get along really well.  The district is pretty good as well, I have one of the Elders from my intake in it named Elder Noble.  I am excited to serve.  I love you so much mum!!!  Have an awesome week!  Cheers!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: Coopdawgggg

No comments:

Post a Comment