Sunday, July 6, 2014

week 47: australia style

sparklers!!

spreading the gospel with an elderly man at the library


Croike dingo!!!

This week was pretty good, although we had quite a few appointments with our progressing investigators fall through.  We were able to do quite a bit of finding this week, and we found some solid people to follow up with this week.  We are seeing some massive miracles as we continue to use members as our focus for spreading the Gospel.  We were able to teach one member referral this week named Bianca, and she was really interested in prophets and how the Gospel was restored through a living prophet.  We have been leaving specific commitments for the members each week we see them, and this week's commitment was to invite one person to church or to learn about the Gospel in two weeks.  This got the members pretty excited and we are seeing some solid referrals in the making as we have done this.
I am loving being in Eltham, there are people being prepared here and my companion and I are doing all that we can to find them.  We are seeing blessings and miracles come as we are exactly obedient to the mission rules.  I feel my testimony growing so much in the past couple of weeks, specifically my testimony of Joseph Smith.  I have been basing allot of my studies lately on Joseph Smith, and because of that I really do know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.  I know that I have been called by a prophet of God to come to Melbourne at this time, and although I am very imperfect I know that I can do all things through Jesus Christ someone that suffered and died for all of my imperfections and heartache.  I love this Gospel so much and it is so real.
Croike dingo mum, how are you going??  Sounds like you have had a pretty full on week, with mac...  This week was really good.  I did get a chance to celebrate the 4th a little bit, we went over to an American couple's home in the ward and they had a big barby and rootbeer!!!  I hadnt seen rootbeer in ages!  Been like a year lol.  They also had jolly ranchers and a bunch of American lollies, they went all out they are awesome!  They also gave us a pack of sparklers, so Elder Garcia Kempf and I that night after planning went outside in the freezing cold and did sparklers!!  It was sweet!  We have done quite a bit of finding this week like I said earlier, and I am excited to follow up with the contacts that we found.  Although there is not much to report on, we still had a really productive week, and we are working as hard as we can.  I wish I was there when yous sang in Sacrament, I bet yous did great!  I love you so much mum, and I am thankful for all you do for me, I looked at my watch today and it said July 7th, and I was like "woah" I thought it was june still.  It is flying by I reckon!!!  Have a good week!!  Cheers
Love, Elder RIchins
aka:C$<3

No comments:

Post a Comment