Sunday, September 22, 2013

week 6: australia style



elder richins, margot and elder afele

elder richins, bruce and elder afele

GDAY MUM!!!
This week was pretty AWESOME!  We ended up baking heaps of cookies, but we didn't end up giving them out to random people, and telling them about Jesus.  So we gave the whole lot to some members and investigators that we like haha!!  The transfer news is that I am staying in Wantirna South, and Elder Afele is leaving!  I get a new companion tomorrow!  It kinda sucks because me and Elder Afele have been rolling the past two weeks!  We have been going HAM DOE! 
One of our less active members named Rajaa came to church for the first time in 2 years!  We did heaps of service this week for her!  She owns a pizza shop and she gives us free pizza whenever we want!  Its sweet as I reckon!  She has a huge crush on me!  She is 57 and she said I am the most gorgeous missionary she has ever seen haha!  She said I have the Secret something that is going to make me successful in life haha!  She said my girlfriend is lucky to have me lol!  But we got her to church and she is a sweet as lady!  She is from Italy and she has a thick as accent!
We also had some really good progress with Veewan!  She wants to live the law of tithing!  She is golden!  Also she needs now is a baptismal interview and then she is good to be baptized this week!!!!  I am super pumped!!  So is she! 
We tracted this week a little and met a grumpy old man, and had some choice words for us!  That wasn't very nice...  He said it was unlawful for us to be knocking doors, and I yelled back at him "show me the law, that saws we cant knock sir!  We are not salespeople!"  He said we were selling an idea, and then I dropped a Book of Mormon in his mailbox after he closed the door!  I wrote inside the cover, THIS IS FREE, Love The Elders.  As you can tell I am not proud of my actions, but I am pretty fed up with tracting and being pushed around.  But I am all cool and collected now!  I have seen many miracles this week!  I am striving to be obedient to the mission rules so that I can be an effective tool!  Even if I am a gangsta....
I know that this church is true!  I know that our Father in Heaven loves us so dearly!  I know that as we are receptive to the spirit, he can work miracles through us!  I talk about miracles a ton but, that is what missionary work is!  I look for little miracles every day to keep myself motivated!  I know that as we pray sincerely with full intent, the Lord will deliver us!  Joseph Smith's story is so cool!  I know it is true!  Why would he put his life, and his families lives at risk, for a book????  He was an inspired man, and a true prophet of God!  I know these things are true, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Mom!!!!  how have you been mate??  Man...  this week has been a ripper I reckon!  I am really exhausted!  I am still going though!  The Lord is carrying me right now, because it seems like I am running on fumes right about now!  We have been flat out.  But that is the way I like it, I would rather be working my hardest with no regrets, than to be going half speed.  I am so thankful to be on my mission!  I am learning so so so much, and I am really growing as a person!  An Ipod Shuffle and speakers sound sweet as mate!  Maybe some new ties or something as well!  My new scriptures get here in 3 weeks, and I will pay for them once they get here.  I got the cream doe!  I love you so much mum!!!  I am so thankful to have you in my life!  cheers.
Love, Elder Richins  aka:CMONEYLOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment