Sunday, February 2, 2014

week 25: australia style


we are all iron men at sister fox's

me with the one and only... tyson read


we have a 75 year old lady that is a pro dart player in our ward.

Gday Mum!!!!
Well this week felt like it was super long!  At the beginning of the week Elder Richey and I had to split up for two days because two people in our district were getting new companions from the mainland so we had to be their temporary companions.  So I spent a couple days with Elder Solomon, and Elder Richey went with Elder Harvey.  We had the car in our area for a couple days, so it was super good to get out to all the members we never get to see because of the size of the area! 
An awesome miracle that happened this week was we found a part member family while tracting!  This family was not on the ward list, and they kinda slipped through the cracks a bit.  They invited us in for a drink because it was like 37 degrees C outside!  We started talking and the mother was talking about how she was baptized but her partner and her children werent.  Her daughter and her daughter's best friend were really interested in what we taught, so they asked heaps of question!  Long story short is we are going to their house for tea tonight!  I am really excited to begin to teach this family, their are called the Blowfields!
This week was also filled with heaps of stress, a whole heap of our new contact appointments got dodged this week.  It was incredibly frustrating, but I feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father, there was a constant prayer in my heart this week to try and find prepared children of our Heavenly Father.  I was talking to Elder Richey, and I just told him that we should have a fast for our area.  So we fasted and still we didnt have much luck, besides the fact of finding heaps of new contacts.  Elder Richey and I really wanted to help someone.  So after a couple of days, it was the same old luck we had, had during the beginning of the week until yesterday. 
Yesterday we were fasting again because of fast Sunday.  We had an appointment with a lady named Gaylene.  We were extremely excited to teach Gaylene, because she seemed quite excited to learn more about the gospel when we first met her!  So we rocked up to Gaylene's house and we saw her in her front garden, she was so excited to see us!  So we began to teach her about the Plan of Salvation.  She told us how her husband died about a year ago, and she was really wondering what happens after this life.  It brought great relief to her knowing that there is a life after this one.  She also expressed her desire to read, Gaylene cant read or write and she is 57.  We told her that we would teach her how to read and she was so excited!!  We went on with our lesson and we were blessed to set a baptismal date with her for the 2nd of March!  She has a long way to go, but we will get there!
I am so thankful for the gift of fasting and prayer, that our Heavenly Father has given us.  Although the miracles didnt immediatley happen, we saw results come after the trial of our faith.  I admit to being quite discouraged this week, this was such a great miracle to boost us up for this transfer!  Our Heavenly Father loves us so very much, and he wants the best for us!!  I have a firm testimony of this in my life!
Hi mum!!!  How is it going??  I am sad to hear that you were sick most of the week, but the good news is that the kitchen looks really good I reckon!  I wish I could be watching scary shows with you too mum!  Haha the man in the walls a classic I reckon!  It sounds like Olive is super smart, I bet new is smarter though haha!  I wish you the best watching the Super Bowl go Broncos!  Sister Fox is a wonderful lady!  She enjoys feeding us so I just eat I guess!!  I am glad maguire finally won a game in Jr. Jazz and hopefully it wasnt against an all girls team haha!  Well I love you so much mum!  Have an awesome week!  I hope you feel better!  Chheeerrrsss!
Love, Elder Richins
aka:CMUNEY
P.S.
We lost the car...  Haha and we played heaps of basketball for P day last week which I am tots ok with!  Today for P day I am not quite sure what we are going to do!  It is pretty rainy outside, after being hot as all this week!  As far as the birthday goes hmmmmmmmmmm....  The only thing I can think of is some slim brown dress shoes for my suit.  And maybe a new belt!  My belt and my brown shoes are getting pretty thrashed haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment