Sunday, February 23, 2014

week 28: australia style


rob's baptism
me with heaps as bogans at the bus mall

Gday mum!!
 
This week was really awesome!!  To start things off, Robert got baptized!!  That was super duper exciting!  It was such a cool experience, and he really enjoyed it.  We started off the week really not sure if it was going to go through or not, but we had a lesson with him last Wednesday and he said he was ready!  One of the miracles that happened because of his baptism, is that him mother and his grandmother became interested in the church.  After going to Rob's baptism and confirmation the next day they expressed their interest.  So they became new investigators!!  What a miracle that was, I am so excited to continue to help Rob and his family come closer to Christ!
Another miracle that we had, happened just yesterday.  A family in our ward has had Finnish exchange students.  One of them is named Mariana.  She has been attending church the past two weeks with the family in our ward.  We received a call yesterday from the family in our ward and told us that Mariana wants to recieve the discussions.  I was so happy!!  We are teaching her this evening so it will be awesome!
We got another chance to meet with Dani this week and we taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The spirit was so strong, and we committed her to read Alma 32 she accepted.  She is still excited to be baptized on March 8th, so we will keep working towards that date!
We were also blessed again this week to set a baptismal date with an old woman named Deff.  She is a former investigator from two transfers ago, and she saw us walking on the street and told us to come visit her again.  So we did and we taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ and set a baptismal date with her!  Miracle!
We had zone conference this week too, it was so awesome to see President again.  There were some awesome trainings given.  One of my favorite ones was called "the measure of success."  President talked about how baptisms, and how many baptisms you have does not measure your success as a missionary.  As long as you go out and work as hard as you can, and help anyone come closer to Christ.  But baptism is still the goal.
I am so very thankful for my Heavenly Father, I am thankful that he trusted me enough to help Robert come closer to his son Jesus Christ and follow him.  I was glowing with happiness at his baptism and confirmation.  I am so very happy the step Rob has made to follow the Saviour Jesus Christ.  What a blessing that is!
Hi mum!!  I am very glad that you have gotten better.  4 weeks is a long time to be sick!  Too long I reckon.  Haha my birthday is in 7 days, and one of our investigators has offered to make me a cake next week, so that will be awesome.  She is a professional cook!  It is crazy how fast this year has flown by hey.  It doesnt even feel like I have been 18 yet haha.  Now I am moving onto 19.  The weather this week has been pretty rainy, only one pretty warm day this week, we are making the transition to fall at the moment.  Everything is going really well at the moment, I have had trouble sleeping lately so I am pretty tired as.  We are going to play some basketball today hopefully. Havent seen too much of sister Fox this week, she has been down and out with a toothache, she came to the baptism!  She is a wonderful lady!  Thank you so much for all that you do mum!  I love you so much!  Have an awesome week!  Cheers.
Love, Elder Richins
aka:Cmoney


me next to the river
selfies

No comments:

Post a Comment