Sunday, March 16, 2014

week 31: australia style



the best ice cream i have ever had. it was like $10
 

found a dead wallaby



Gday mum!!!!
 To be honest this week was really tough!  We pretty much dropped all of our investigators and we are starting up a new teaching pool.  None of our investigators were keeping commitments, so we had a couple of drop lessons this week.  So this week was filled with finding and working with members.  We were blessed to find 21 new contacts this week though, so hopefully we will be able to turn those into new Investigators!  We saw heaps of miracles finding this week, definatley some potential in there so we are really excited for that.
One of our new investigators named Dominic accepted the invitation to be baptized on April 12th.  He was super keen on finding out for himself it was true.  He hasnt had that spiritual experience yet, but I know that God will answer his prayers as he keeps persisting!  He is a really nice guy, he is 19 years old and has gone through a bit of a tough time as of late.  I am really excited to meet with him again on Wednesday!
I am pretty exhausted Elder Richey and I worked so hard this week.  Although it was one of the toughest weeks of my mission, I learned so much about myself.  I know that we will be blessed as we continue to give it all we have.  I have faith!!  Faith points towards the future.
I had a bit of a funny experience this week though!  We were just going around tracting, then some punk kids started giving us a hard time.  So I pretended I couldnt speak English, so I was just saying random Spanish phrases like "mis pantelones es en fuego."  These kids were freaking out yelling at Elder Richey and I, then we walked away as they swore at us.  Then they started throwing rocks at us, but all of them missed except one hit me on the leg.  Didnt even hurt!!!  It must have been the spirit I reckon.  I just thought that was heaps funny so I had to share it.
I am so thankful for the strength that was given to me this week by my Heavenly Father.  I definatley would not have been able to do it without prayer this week.  I feel like I strengthened my relationship with my Heavenly Father this week.  I am very thankful for prayer in my life, it is such a blessing that our Heavenly Father has given us.  I love this work!
Gday mum!!  How are you going!?  Sounds like you have had an interesting week this week!  Heaps of needles in your arm...  Doesnt sound like the most enjoyable thing ever.  I am glad they found out you were alergic to dogs hahahahahahaha!!  You would have thunk it hey??  I hope you start to feel better!!  The weather this week in Taz has been pretty muggy and cold in the mornings and evenings!  I have been having some serious troubles sleeping though, feels like I havent had a good nights rest since nam.  But I feel alright today, kind of feel a bit groggy.  Today for P day we are going golfing, hopefully I play a little bit better than I did last time because that was kinda sad haha!  We are actually going to the Fox's for tea tonight.  We havent seen them for a while because we have been flat out as of late.  But we are excited to go over today, feels like it's been a while.  At the moment I think I am all goods.  Those pictures you sent me of the dogs made me laugh pretty hard, hopefully they get along soon haha.  I am glad to hear Mimsley's birthday went well, I wish I couldve been therre sounds like yous had a blast.  I hope you start to feel better mum, you are in my prayers daily.  Sick of being sick I reckon.  Well I love you so much!!  I hope you have an awesome week!!  Cheers cobba!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: Cmoneylove

No comments:

Post a Comment