Sunday, March 23, 2014

week 32: australia style

waiting for the bus

sweet new bubble gum i found

realized that the bus wasn't coming for a long time, so we tried our luck at hitch hiking.
p.s. he told me he had no takers on the hitch hiking,  he said he was too scared to do it, when actual cars were coming. haha

Gday mum!

This week was pretty good!  We saw some serious growth in one of our investigators Gaylene.  We taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ this week.  We talked to her about the steps she needed to take to be baptized, and then to endure to the end after that.  It went really well and she accepted all of the commitments we gave, including the invitation to come to Stake Conference.  She said she loved it, she even started to cry because of the spirit she felt from the speakers at the meeting.  It was so cool to see her come and really enjoy herself. 
A suprise we had yesterday was, Dani!  She came to Stake Conference too!  That really suprised Elder Richey and I seeing that we dropped her last week haha.  She really enjoyed herself at the meeting as well, and she has developed a great friendship with some of the girls in the ward, they sure are taking her under their wing. 
I really enjoyed the Stake Conference yesterday, it was a very good meeting.  I loved hearing the choir sing, I felt the spirit so strong.  I found some things I could work on as a missionary too.  So all in all it was a good day yesterday.
As for the 21 new contacts we found last week, they all fell through except one.  So that was a little rough.  But we did manage to reschedule with quite a few of them.  We are really trying to get more into our teaching pool, not much luck at the moment but we will get there.  I do know that I am still in Rosny for a reason.
This week was a real testimony builder for me.  It was pretty frustrating to go to all the appointments we had with our new contacts, and have most of them fall through.  I know the Lord is preparing the hearts of the people here in Rosny area.  I am excited for the miracles/experiences that this upcoming week has in store.  I know that the Lord is watching over all of us and he loves us very much.
Gday mum!  I am sleeping better for the most part.  I am not as exhausted as last week haha.  Sister Fox is awesome, I am very thankful for the service she renders to Elder Richey and I.  It is a huge blessing to have someone in the ward that looks out for us.  Haha Janet Parkes told me she emailed you!  Meat cake was a bit intimidating, she was really proud of it.  Not bad though!  Not bad!  We are eating at their house again on Tuesday, so I am excited what she comes up with next!  Good news!  I didnt get any rocks thrown at me, so I guess that is a win for the week.  I also heard the Dodgers are 2-0 in Australia!  We heard heaps about it because we are American, not too many Americans in Tasmania.  Today for P day Elder Richey and I arent quite sure what to do, we will prolly just go home and cry because the Blowfields just called and canceled with us haha!  We will probably play basketball or something!  I am doing alright at the moment!  If you have any q's for me, I will be on email for another 45 minutes prolly!  Love you so much!  Thank you for all of your love and support mum!  Have a great week.  Cheers.
Love, Elder Richins
Aka: Coopdawgggg 

No comments:

Post a Comment