Sunday, June 1, 2014

week 42: australia style


                 "wheels" (elder wheeler) saying goodbye to the one and only sis Alessio!





Gday mum!!!

So this week was pretty interesting!  We saw some pretty amazing miracles with our investigator Tiffany, we taught her twice this week in a member's home.  She recieved her answer through prayer and reading and she told us last night when we were teaching her that she had "found the truth."  It was so cool to hear that, she loves reading in the Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon we gave her is marked up to the max, with notes and highlights she is a great student I reckon!  The ward is doing a really awesome job with her too, she has 3 very solid fellowships in the ward, and we are taking her to a ward family home evening so she can meet some new members as well!  Tiffany is one of the most prepared people I have ever seen, it is an honor to be a part of her spiritual progression.
We had a bit of a setback with Steve this week, that is ok though.  Yesterday at church he had a couple really spiritual experiences, some of the testimonies shared in fast and testimony meeting yesterday really hit home with him he said.  He has such a great desire to be baptized and to change his life, he is struggling with the Word of Wisdom at the moment though.  I have complete faith in him though, so his new baptismal date is for next Sunday.  So far he has been clean from smoking about a week, so he is doing awesome!!  Just need to keep the faith!!  
This week we also had the opportunity to fast with our investigator Sue.  Her mother is going through some health problems.  It was so cool to see how willing Sue was to do a fast with us, she had absolute faith that her mother would be strengthened through her heath troubles.  When the fast was all said and done, Sue told us that when she was fasting she could only think about Jesus Christ.  How cool is that??  We were so happy to see her happy!  Unfortunately she was not able to come to church this week, but we will keep working with her.  
Eltham area is on fire at the moment, there are so many great things happening here.  I am so grateful to be here, Elder Wheeler is being transferred and I am training a new missionary.  I am excited to train, it will be a great experience!  But I am so thankful that the Lord has called me to this work in spite of my many imperfections.  I know that through Christ I have been changed and I will continue to change.  I love being a missionary.
Gday mum!!  How are you going??  Sounds like yous have had a good week, with zacs homecoming talk and everything in between!  I still cant believe that it is summer over there, it is freezing cold over here now!  I have been dressing like an Eskimo whenever I go to bed haha!  This week was pretty good though!  Saw some miracles with Tiffany, and ate way too much food!  I am starting to run sprints every morning to combat the food lol!  I am excited to train as well, it will be cool to give it a go.  I will most likely be district leader as well, but I find out tomorrow so we will see!  I was talking to Elder Richey this morning and he is staying another 6 weeks in Tasmania!  Far out...  He has been down there for ages, he has dethroned me as the Wizard of Rosny!!!  It was good to serve with Elder Wheeler, it was a really testing transfer but I feel so much stronger coming from it.  He taught me to have heaps of patience, although I still struggle with it, I have gotten heaps better with it I reckon!  I laughed pretty hard about the story about Papa!  It sounds like you are still in one piece!!  I love you so much mum!!  I hope you have an awesome week!!!  If you have any Q's I will be on a bit longer!  Cheers!!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: Cmoneylove


No comments:

Post a Comment