Sunday, June 22, 2014

week 45: australia style

found this cool as playground



Gday mum!!!

This week was pretty good!!  I really feel like I have grown quite a bit spiritually this week.  We had some pretty rough times this week, but my companion and I really feel like we have really developed a greater love and appreciation for Jesus Christ.  We had the opportunity to see Steve in the hospital this week, and he is doing heaps better.  We talked about Faith in Jesus Christ with him and shared with him the story of Alma and Amulek and how because they had faith they were delivered out of bondage.  He really enjoyed the story, and he is still looking good for his bap date this Sunday.  He sent us a text out of the blue the other day that said "I believe in Jesus Christ."  I wanted to do a happy dance!  He has come such a long way, and it is wonderful to see how much he has grown, as he has put his faith in Jesus Christ.  
As for the rest of the people we are teaching, they are having trouble with having the desire to learn more.  So we focused quite a bit on finding this week, and saw some success, and have some pretty solid potentials to follow up on this week.  I had a really cool miracle happen to me this week, so I was riding the trains with my companion talking to people.  And we needed to switch train lines in order to get to an appointment on time, and I reached into my pocket as I walked into the train station and I lost my white handbook which had my bus card in it.  I started panicking pretty bad, because I didnt want to get on a train illegally, so I sat down and said a prayer.  After the prayer I really felt calm and I knew that God would help me.  Two minutes later a man walked into the train station and he was part of the metro police, and he saw my companion and I and he said "Hey Elders!"  I was like "What......"  Then he said that he was a member of the church in Sunbury ward.  After he told me that I told him about my situation and he wrote me a ticket, so that I could ride the train back to where we needed to be!  WOW!  I really do know that prayer works, and our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers as we have faith.  This experience really strengthened my testimony of prayer.  
Gday mum!!!  How are you going??  Sounds like yous are pretty busy preparing for trek!!  Lagoon also looked like heaps of fun, I remember going on that swinging death trap SCARY!!  This week for me was pretty rough, everything that could go wrong went wrong except with Steve.  But my testimony grew in so many aspects this week, and I am really thankful for that.  My companion and I are getting on really well, he is so funny!!  He says heaps of funny things, he is trying to get the Aussie lingo down so sometimes we will just be sitting in the car totally silent and he will say "bewdy mate" and we both start busting out laughing!!  It is funny because he still has a really thick Spanish accent, and it is hilarious when he tries to mimick aussies!!  I love my companion!  I got 4 new sweaters and it is cool to have some variety with my winter stuff and I am definatley warm now!! I am really excited for this upcoming week, I just have a feeling that it is going to be an awesome week for both me and you!!  TREK!!!!   You guys will do great and I am really excited to hear your experiences!!!  I love you so much mum!!  Thank you for all that you do for me!!  Have an awesome week, and stay safe!!  Yous are in my prayers!  Cheers!
Love, Elder Richins
aka:Coopdawgydawg

No comments:

Post a Comment