Sunday, June 29, 2014

week 46: australia style




Gday mum!!

This week was pretty good!  We were able to see a quite few miracles!  The first half of the week, we tried getting Steve prepared for baptism for the Sunday.  Unfortunately he just was not ready, and we didn't want to push him to do something that he wasn't ready to do.  But we were able to set 3 baptismal dates this week with a guy named Adib, who is awesome he asked us if he could come to church with us everyday.  Haha he is really excited to read the Book of Mormon and he said he would read the whole book this week.  So we will see how he went when we catch up this week.  He is the man, we also set 2 more dates with Navid who is Persian and he has a Muslim backround but is interested in switching to Christianity.  Also set a date with Muhammed who is also Muslim, and he is really excited to read the Book of Mormon.
My companion and I were so blessed this week, and we were able to find so many potential investigators on the train this week.  We are really excited to follow up with all of them this upcoming week.  I love my companion he is the man, he is a sponge and I really admire the work he is doing at this time, even with the language barrier he is an example to me of diligence.  Today I am grateful for the many tender mercies and blessings that God has bestowed upon me, I really do know that my mission has really developed my testimony and I am so very grateful for that.  I will serve the Lord to the end and I am doing my best to do the things that he commands me to do, because I have come to know that they are worth it.
Gday mum!!  How are you going?!  I am so glad that you guys had an awesome experience on trek, besides the rain hahahaha!!  I remember trek being such a tender experience for me as well, even when I was carried off in the emergency cart hahahahahhahhahaah!!  It is truly special the sacrifice that those families made to cross the plains, and the reason they were doing it was because they had a firm faith in the Lord.  I am very glad that you had such a great time, and I am so very grateful for the ward back home and their love and support for me.  It truly is a wonderful ward, with wonderful people.  This week for me was pretty good, we are starting to see some of the fruits of our labors which is always good to see.  The work is really moving forward here in Eltham and I am glad to be a part of it.  The land down under is the land of MIRACLES!!!  Mum I am so thankful for you and the loving mum you have always been to me, although I didnt express it much back home I am so grateful for those things you have done for me.  I love you so much and I am thankful for you and dad going on trek. I know our Heavenly Father is so very proud of you.  There is a scripture that comes to mind when thinking about this Gospel and it is found in Matt 11:28-30.  I really know that following the Savior and putting his yoke upon us brings us great peace and rest.  The Savior's promise includes everyone, that has the desire to follow.  I love the Savior.  That is a huge testimony builder for me and it makes me cry every time I think about it. I love you!  Have an awesome week!
Love, Elder Richins
aka:COOPDAWGYDAWG

No comments:

Post a Comment