Sunday, August 3, 2014

week 51: australia style




Gday mum!!

Man this week was pretty awesome!!  My companion and I are seeing heaps of miracles in our area and in our district.  My companion and I were able to set 2 baptismal dates this week with a boy named Daniel who is the son of a member who has been less active for quite a long time.  He is really cool, and he has a great desire to be baptized, his baptism will most likely be this week but we need to plan out some details.  We also set a date with a man named Steve, Steve is best friends with one of our investigators named Alex and we were able to get a chance to teach him about Eternal Families and following Jesus Christ.  He accepted a baptismal date, and Elder Parsons and I were really excited!  The past two weeks have just been awesome miracle weeks, we are now working on helping these investigators we have progress towards their baptismal dates! 
My companion and I have been praying and working very hard, and some names have been coming into our minds of people that we need to go see.  One person that I keep thinking about is a guy named Tui, Tui has told missionaries in the past that he has no interest in changing.  He came to church yesterday, and it was probably the most spiritual fast and testimony meetings I have ever been to and I just know he felt the spirit strong.  He told us to come over on Tuesday, and we hope to set a date with him. 
My love for the Saviour continues to grow each day, I know that he leads this work.  I just need to make sure I don't get in the way of him making miracles through me.  Because I cannot do this on my own one bit, I would fail every single time.  But with Christ I am made strong.
Gday mum how are you going???  Man I am glad yous had a good week this week!  My week has been pretty awesome, still eating heaps of food!!  The food that we are getting is mostly fast food that the members bring us, but we also get huge island feeds with tarro, lou, pig, and all that good stuff.  I am not gaining much weight though, just 4 pounds in 3 weeks lol!  Man I am loving it though, I really need to start eating healthy again...  Man the weather over here has been shocking, rain everyday and it snowed as well.  But today is really nice, it is like a summer's day pretty warm out there!  Fortunatley I have a car still because I am a DL, so that is a nice little perk.  My companion misses the bikes though, because he is gaining heaps of weight lol!  It feels good to be over the hump mark, but there is still much work to do, but man I reckon it flew by!!  I love you so much mum, and I think we are playing B ball again today hahah!  Have an awesome week!! Cheers!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: cmoney

No comments:

Post a Comment