Sunday, November 23, 2014

week 67: australia style


got a roast pig yesterday

mirror pic


we baked some pretty terrible cookies

Gday mum!!

This week was pretty awesome!  We have some 2 new faces in the zone, which isn't too many so it will be good to keep the momentum rolling!  My companion and I set dates with two guys that we have been working with for a while, their names are Colin and Hadi.  Their dates are for December 20th!  So on the first day of the transfer, my companion and I wanted to make cookies for all of the missionaries in the zone for our zone meeting the next day.  So we got this recipe and we doubled it.  But the dough looked runny as, so I kept putting more and more flour in it until it wasn't runny anymore...  So we put em in the oven and we take em out.  We start to eat one to see if they were all goods, then we both looked at each other in disgust.  We put so much flour in, you could only taste flour, and it gave us some mean cotton mouth afterwards.  Yeah, they were the worst cookies I have ever had.  But it's the thought that counts right :)  So we gave them all to the sisters :)
My testimony has gotten strengthened the past couple of weeks, my companion and I have been struggling a bit to find some new people to teach that are solid.  In the midst of those struggles, I couldn't help but think that the Lord suffered far worse than what we were experiencing.  I know the power of the Atonement enables us to do things that we couldn't do by ourselves.  We are seeing miracles as we use it each day :)  I love my Savior Jesus Christ, he loves us.
Hey mum!!!  Thank you so much for your email, and the work that you are doing on my room, it looks awesome!!  I really like the color of the paint, you are doing a great job. This week has been great, we are seeing some success.  The zone is awesome, there is a bunch of hard working, obedient missionaries here.  I found out this week that my companion is a red neck.  He tries to kill birds in the back yard. He loves to hunt.  He is awesome lol!  I love you so much mum!  Thank you for all that you do for me.  Have a great week! Cheers!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: CMONEY

No comments:

Post a Comment