Sunday, December 7, 2014

week 69: australia style





Gday mum!!

So this week was pretty awesome!!  So we had an awesome zone meeting on Thursday.  My companion and I put together with the help of the wonderful members, a re-enactment of Lehi's dream of the Tree of Life.  We had the different members act as temptations, some had food and some pretended they were at the beach, etc.  So the missionaries had to hold onto the iron rod and make it to the tree of life, and in the tree of life room we had a testimony meeting.  It was so powerful and it really strengthened my faith.  It was heaps of fun too:) 
We also had an awesome experience with Pue, so we invited her to pray for a baptism date last week, and she prayed this week!  So what happened was she went for a run after praying and she felt a very strong impression that God was waiting for her for the past 2 years to get baptised.  When we went there on Saturday she told us she wanted to get baptised as soon as possible!!  What a miracle!!  So she will be getting baptised on the 20th of this month.  I am really so greatful to be a missionary, it strengthens my faith each day seeing people like Pue, who just are so prepared.  No thanks to me of course, but to the Spirit of the Lord...  I love being an instrument in the Lord's hands.  I love this work with all my heart!! :)
Gday mum!!  Yep!  The Christmas party is this week, I am so excited!  It is really awesome to be a missionary around the holiday season, many people who wouldn't be interested the rest of the year become interested around this time due to the message of Christ's birth.  I am glad that you liked our beat box showcase, there are many more where that came from hahaha!!  I practice all the time in the car, it is becoming a pretty cool hobby.  Today my comp. and I are going to kick back and relax, we went HARD this past week....  I am so excited for this upcoming week, Christmas is almost here I cant believe it.  I have 26 Sundays left on my mission.... Because I found out on Tuesday at MLC I will be coming home in mid June instead of July.  Due to visa difficulties.  I love you so much mum!!  I hope you have a wonderful Week!!  Cheers!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: CMONEY

No comments:

Post a Comment