Sunday, January 25, 2015

week 76: australia style



Gday mum!!!

This week has been really good!  I got to go on a few exchanges this week, one of them I went with an Elder from Brisbane named Elder Faatau.  That was an awesome exchange.  We had an awesome experience together, we were walking all day and didn't eat much and by the end of the day we were dead.  So we kept tracting up the street from the flat.  It was 8:58 and me and Elder Faatau looked at eachother and we said "lets run" because 9:00 is our curfew, so we started sprinting and I thought I was going to collapse due to lack of food and water.  But with each stride I felt like someone was helping me run that distance to be obedient.  So we made it back to the flat on time.  It really strengthened my testimony that God will always prepare a way for his children to obey the commandments.  That was a tender mercy of the Lord. 
I also got to go on exchange with another Elder from Brisbane named Elder Waith, and that exchange was powerful as.  We set a date together with a man named Anthony, and then later that night we cast an evil spirit out of a man.  It was probably the scariest thing that I have experienced but it strengthens my faith to know that God trusts me with a sliver of his power to exercise for the service of others.  Definitely an experience I will never forget!  I will tell you the story when I get home, it is too long to type lol!!
HEY MUM!!  I am sorry I don't have much time but today is Australia day, and we have a shorter time to email due to the public holiday.  I am happy, safe and loving this work.  I love you so much have a great week!
Love, Elder Richins
aka: CMONEY

No comments:

Post a Comment